Friday, March 7, 2008

Couch Potato Musings

It's been a long, long while since I had let the couch potato in me run, uh, loaf and dawdle. The fault of the idea that people must work to live sensibly, I know. I'm just glad the school year is finally coming to its close. Merci, yum, yummy time with the telly! I miss the shows I used to watch a year or two ago. I hope they are still on.

Let's see. Three of these shows are:

Bewitched
The crazy, magical married life of Samantha and Darryl Stevens doesn't fail to squeeze a few laughters from me. The 60s and 70s setting completely magnetizes me to the screen. Elizabeth Montgomery (Sam) is also on my list of marvelous women of the world.



The Nanny
There is no other nanny as amusingly bawdy, lovably loud and bossy as Nanny Fran Fine. I originally started watching this the first time the show went on air, when I was like, ten. But Fran and the Sheffield household still have their hold on me, even through reruns.



Lonely Planet Six Degrees
There are lots of travel shows on the planet, but I used to spend a lot of time traveling with Asha Gill on Lonely Planet Six Degrees. It's always an experience to roam around with Asha and the six degree friends she gets to meet. Maybe it's because of her girl-next-door air.




I hope these three shows are still on.

A couch potato watches woman tv.

1 comment:

StrangeBird said...

Nice. I'm glad to report that the two first shows are still on. I think. Haha. I dont know about the last one. Lol.

You've just started and you've made what, 3 posts already? I guess Erndy doesn't call you Sensei for nothing huh? Hahaha. Keep it up. Oh, I'll be posting reviews too. But they're books, so don't worry. Hahaha.