Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Potato Ego

Sometimes, potatoes are weak. Their belief may waver. Sometimes, they give in to their weaknesses and let their ego do the work. Potato egos are not very reliable things. They can be manipulative and are often self-centered, always focusing on gratifying themselves.

When egos work, they believe that they can be self-reliant. When they get to know the truth, that they are in fact weak, they seek reliance on other beings - people, things. Sometimes, they may even force you to splurge your very puny salary to nothingness. That's because they find strength in these external beings.

What egos often forget is that there is a Being on whom they can fully rely. There is a Being who doesn't give them illusions of security or love. There is a Being to run to. There is a Being with whom you can just be your weak potato self.
May I share with you a few lines on this.


conversion
(for the Being)

no longer do i wear my chain mail
my shield and my sword
the bruises and cuts of battles
we fought i reveal unabashed

they think i hide in the length of my hair
but this too i have offered to you
as my secrets are unknown to me
i do not dread their flight

together we can always let them go
in the rivers, in the sky
unlike molten mails, and shields, and swords
by your hand, my nakedness protects me

entirely i give up my wounds and smiles
to the harshness of this earth
yet we do not heed, for your heart
is eternally boundless.

Potatoes learn day after day.

No comments: